Perpetuum mobile – Institute for Youth and Community development strives to create a society in which young individuals are respected, successful and given opportunities to develop their full potentials. The organization was founded in July 2006, and registered in the Local Court under the number F-1-149/06. The Institute was created with the merging of energy and experiences of people who have been involved in the nongovernmental sector for more than seventeen years. By the decision of the Ministry of Family, Youth, and Sports of the Government of Republika Srpska, according to the mode of association, the Institute is registered as an organization for youth under the register number 6-01-02-02-32/13.
Today, Perpetuum Mobile implements its projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina and beyond. As an organization open to cooperation it brings together a large number of volunteers and professional associates in the domain of science, politics, economics, and many other areas.
Perpetuum Mobile aims to realize its vision by operating through six strategic directions: Fight for active citizenship, Development of healthy lifestyles among young men, and gender equality, Youth political education, Act as a Resource Center for capacity development of other organizations, Strengthening and standardization of youth centers, Inner organizational development.
Mission: Perpetuum Mobile – Institute for Youth and Community Development is a nongovernmental organization that strives to create a tolerant and fair society through leadership, innovation, research, policy, and practice by promoting active youth and active citizenship, as well as positive life values.
Vision: A society of free and active.
The action objectives:
- promotion of non formal education
- research of needs, attitudes, and aspirations of young individuals
- creating preconditions for the realization of identified needs
- developing partnerships between target groups and those who work with youth
- support the development and implementation of strategies within youth work and youth policies in Republika Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- to maintain and develop the quality of youth work
- promotion of youth work and youth initiatives
- promotion of youth work through networking with international subjects that work on similar issues in order to promote civil society
- promotion of the benefits of youth work
- promotion of European values and support for the European integration process
Donors who supported our work in 2015:
- Austrian Development Cooperation
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- CARE International
- OAK Foundation
- EU Commission
- The United States Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Ministry of Family, Youth and Sports in the Government of Republika Srpska
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Belgian region of Wallonia
- SALTO Youth
- The Royal Netherlands Embassy in Sarajevo
- OXFAM Italia
- Agency for Traffic Safety in Republika Srpska